Monday, July 12, 2010

Enjoying things

The weekend was good. This was in part because we got a night out without the boy and the girl in tow. We went to my friend's wedding and it was a good time for sure. Not your traditional wedding, although it was similar. But you know you're in for a good time when dinner is barbeque (southern style). It was just a nice way to spend an evening.

Hopefully, very soon, my husband will have a job. If not, there will have to be a lot of negotiations between me and utility companies and the mortgage holder. Especially since I won't get paid until the end of August. Have I ever mentioned that I think getting paid this way sucks? Really it does. These are the moments when I look at my job and wonder why I'm not spending my time in a lab where at least I would get paid on a regular basis. It may be time to re-examine the temp agency issues and see if there are any jobs that I would qualify for. This isn't real likely since I haven't seen a lab in about 8 years (other than my classroom one, which does not have sophisticated electronic equipment) but might still be worth updating a resume and seeing if there are other options. This would mean that I don't get the summer SAHM option any more. However, food and clothes for my children does rank slightly higher.

I'm still doing one day at a time though and trying to not stress and trusting that the universe will work things out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

Wishing both you and your husband well on the job front (and all the other fronts, too!)

Michelle (an ICLWite)

April said...

Wishing you both the best of luck in your job hunt.

ICLW