Sunday, May 16, 2010

Places to go, things to do

I had a conversation at work the other day with a co-worker about what we would do if we won the lottery. Like, really won, I mean - millions, maybe billions. Not a couple thousand. He had asked me if I would still work and oddly enough, my answer was yes.

"You'd come back to work?"

Well, not exactly. I wouldn't be teaching anymore, but there are lots of things I would want to do. STarting with volunteer time. Besides the March of Dimes, I would want to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and probably a few other places too.

But mostly what I would want to do would be to travel. The list of places is long. I mean, first I would by a Disney Vacation Club so I could go many, many times. Because I am nothing if not a Disney freak. However, there are dozens of other places on my list. So I figured I'd give you a brief summary of the wheres and whys (in no particular order).

Alaska, just for the scenery.
Arizona, specifically Phoenix. I hear (from Guy Fieri) that there are some good places to eat down there.
California: San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles/Anaheim and anywhere with a vineyard
Colorado, again for the scenery
Hawaii, to dive
Lousiana, specifically New Orleans
Maine, for the lobster
Massachusetts, because I grew up here and LOVE Boston
Nevada, to eat my way across Las Vegas
New York, because again, having lived here I love it and miss it
Oregon, mostly for scenery
Pennsylvania, to see Philadelphia
Texas: Austin, Houston and San Antonio
Virginia and DC for the historical sites
Washington, specifically Seattle

That's just in the US, because the list goes on:
England (again) because I haven't seen enough yet.
Ireland, for the history and geneaology
France, specifically Paris but also the countrysides
Germany, for the beer
Holland, for the tulips
Italy, again for the food
Australia, mostly to dive but also to see Australia
China
Japan
Nova Scotia and the islands off Canada

Keep in mind that I am currently 33, will be 34 in December and only a small portion of this list has been completed. I'll get through the list. It's mostly just a matter of time. But millionaire or not, I intend to see all the places on my list. I should probably get a move on, huh?

5 comments:

EWebey said...

Good luck on your list of places!!!
ICLW:156

daega99 said...

I love your list and reasons why you would like to visit. My husband and I are also working our way through our 'list' and the shared memories of going to these places are amazing!

Rach said...

Yes Australia should definitely be on your list....but then I'm biased, I live in it LOL! It truly is beautiful here.

Happy ICLW!!
#40 http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

Stickles McQueen said...

Oooh...what a fun little exercise! DH and I love to travel, and we took a looooong honeymoon way back when through a big chunk of Europe and Asia. Australia is pretty high on my list, though I have to say that on the very top is (drumroll) Disney World! I have been to Disneyland a few times, but Disney World has a bit of a mythical place in my heart.

I hope that you get to see all those places, and with the kids in tow too. I'm sure winning the lottery will help, but lotto or not, I'm wishing you happy travels.

Jem said...

Love the list of places to go. You will have so much fun taking the little guy with you, show him the world!

Happy ICLW!
http://ambivalentwomb.blogspot.com/