Sunday, April 18, 2010

Vacations

So we haven't had a vacation for quite some time... well, no that's not entirely true. We went to my mom and dad's last summer (trip to Boston) which rocked. And before the boy was born we spent a weekend in Atlanta which was really fun. But honestly, for me, the definition of a vacation is that you are going somewhere new and/or vacation-y. The last one of those would be our trip to England in 2007. Which was awesome but it's not likely we'll be making any huge travel plans any time soon with a newborn and all.

So yesterday we were in a bookstore and I saw a book on Washington D.C. with kids. Now, I have never been to D.C. It's not really far from here, but it's certainly a new place and so would completely qualify. Hopefully the book will yield some wonderful ideas.

I amanxiously plotting in my head when our next Disney trip will be. The last time we were there was 2006 and a lot changes there in 4 years. That may be an option next summer if we're both employed again (I really hope so or we'll have some much bigger issues to deal with).

I miss vacations. Here's to hoping that we get to do some travelling soon.

No comments: