Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The truth...

I have in fact met 3 of the 6 presidents who have been in office during my life. No, I won't tell you how old I am. You can do the math and get a range of ages if you really want to know.

So, who? The first was Ronald Reagan, who I met as a girl scout. I don't remember much about the circumstances quite frankly. And all that was said was "Nice to meet you." (by him - I said nothing). The second was George Bush (the senior, obviously). I was in Boston while he was campaigning (the second time) and while I am not a republican, the idea of meeting the man was intriguing. The last was Bill Clinton who I met during his second time campaigning for president. I would point out that while none of these meetings was incredibly long or for anything terribly important -

how many presidents have you met?

That was my reply to the one person who ever listened to the above schpiel (I've gone through this for a few of those "meet and learn" things that teachers sometimes do and we always seemed to have to do at the beginning of education classes) and seemed to think (based on their tone of vocie) that I should have had a much better story. I said I met them. I didn't say we were close personal friends, for crying out loud.

Curious why this is here? Read here.

It is decided that there will not be any more children for us. Two angels and two partial placental abruptions make me think we've played the luck card enough. Next time it could be a total placental abruption and I don't think it's fair to risk my life or the life of that child. I would like more kids, to be honest though. But I can't do it. I just can't.

Surprisingly, I do NOT want to make this decision permanent. Since my husband is as likely to see a doctor as I would be to jump out of a perfectly good airplace (ain't happenin', just so you know - and yet he's jumped out of said airplane. Go figure.) this is all in my court. Common sense tells me to make this permanent and eliminate the chance of oops. But I can't. I have no idea why, but I can't. So I'll pick a less permanent (and more risky method... maybe an IUD? minimize the risk as much as possible?) method. I'll have to give some thought as to why though... Any ideas?

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I have not met any, despite living in DC. I have been in Crate and Barrel with Laura Bush.

I understand that desire not to make it permanent, even if you've made the decision. It's an emotional thing.