Thursday, May 22, 2008

We are 2 1/2 weeks old

Gee... that seems to be old. I mean, we were just in the NICU a little more than a week ago. And ironically, we still haven't hit his due date. That's still a week away.

I miss sleep. Lots. But we did better last night. We were in bed around 10:30. We got up at 1, were up for half an hour to eat and change the diaper. We got up again around 4 and were up for an hour. Then we got up at 6. At which point mommy caved and laid the peanut down with us instead of in his bed. And slept until 8:30. I call that successful. For now.

At the pediatrician's Monday, his weight was 6lbs, 11ozs. So he's gained almost a pound from birth. More than that by now. We see lactation again on Tuesday and get another weight. The pediatrician sees him again on June 4th. Mommy goes to her doctor a week later for my post partum visit.

If you're curious, when he was born I weighed 190. Yesterday, I weighed 165, which means I need to lose 15 pounds to get to where I was when we started this adventure.

No comments: