Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Birthday to me (not)

So, whatever has happened is a mystery but clearly I'm not pregnant (again). I never thought I'd get to 30 and not have any kids. Yet here I am... lucky me. After all, as people love to tell me "You have all the time in the world", "Think of all the things you can do without kids - you never have to worry about they destroying things" and my personal favorite "Well, God has a plan".

I am painfully reminded of Bethany in Dogma. God never consulted me about this plan and quite frankly, I don't like it.

Here I am. Alone on my birthday. Painfully reminded that I may spend the rest of my life alone.

Pardon me while I go cry. Thanks.

2 comments:

Taradactyl in a Modern World said...

Sorry I missed your b'day and sorry it was so sad. A big hug from Florida. I'm sending you healing thoughts.

Sarah said...

Sorry I missed your birthday. I can relate to your feelings, I'm 35.
Hugs.