Thursday, December 28, 2006

Adventures in Clomid

Well then... I went back to my doctor today. She's really quite wonderful. I love her. Sadly, I had to get stuck again (Wow, I hate needles... I must really, really, really want a baby). The blood work is just to check and make sure the met isn't causing any liver or kidney issues. I feel fine, so I doubt it.

The met dosage was upped from 500mg 2 times a day to 850mg 2 times a day. That's a grand total of 700 extra mg daily. That's actually a good bit if you don't know the SI units that scientists use (Who thought that chem major would come in this handy?). So, yay I guess.

The more interesting thing is the brand new clomid. I'm sure this will be an adventure in itself. It's 50 mg on cycle days 3-7. Yummy. It was kinda odd cause the pills come in foil packs so my rx is in a zip lock baggie. Yes, the pharmacy put my rx in a ziploc baggie. Whatever works I guess. So now all I have to do is wait for the provera to do its thing and then we see what clomid does to an ordinarily insane person. Wait... I meant... yeah, I'm totally sane. This also means I get to go back to the doctor 7 dpo for another poke for more blood to check my progesterone levels (oh fun! more needles *sarcasm*).

No comments: